Friday, April 11, 2014

64 Love you Mummy;

I love it when I sit in the passenger seat after getting picked up by my mummy. That seemed to be one of the very few moments that I get all your attention.. Provided that you're not on the phone. It seems eons ago the cute lil me in pigtails waited for you by the school gate after school. 

Sitting in a restaurant at 10:30pm having dinner right now, with you on the phone - I miss being able to talk to you in the car already. Even though you apologize for not being able to spare more time cause of work, I know you're busy just for my sake. 

In fact you've always been pretty busy - work demands so much more from you. It's always something happening in Malacca or Kluang that makes you so frustrated.. That's why you come home really late and we have dinner even later. Sometimes I don't understand why.. Sometimes I yearn for my mummy too.. 

It's times like this that I need to be reminded how great a mum you've always been - a supermom in everyone's eyes. One that will get out of office just to pick us up, one that will call my siblings awake cause they just can't, one that storms 3 hours down to sg just because I was downright depressed. In my eyes, you're the best mum anyone could've had and I'm really really glad you're my mum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment