Sunday, February 9, 2014

55 Fate is a funny thing


I've always believed that one decision made will craft the current circumstances in your life. It's like a connected chain - and you can't change it.

That's why when I look back in the year 2013, I'm honestly really thankful. I made a very painful decision - for myself and others - early that year, and I never thought it would have impacted me so much. (Sorry even I feel that I keep mentioning about it geeez)

But on the other hand, I'm very very thankful. I was forced to make a decision between focusing on my school work in a crucial year, and I made the right decision by choosing what was expected out of me. And because of that, I met two very significant people in my life (now a common entity muahaha you can thank me later). And I'm very very thankful and loved by all the care, concern, mean comments thrown out at me when I am down/high/noisy/annoying haha. I wouldn't forget the time in June when they defended me saying "it makes my blood boil" (after reading something) and even offering me Royce chocolates, ice cream and a place to sleep before/during/after As. This kind of friends how to find?

Because of them I would suppose I became HEM - got to know a different group of friends, and I would suppose this is all because of decision #1 made that freed up my time to go support them in comps. And because of this bunch of people I got to go to Aussie with them last Jan. Funny thing ain't it?

And I guess if I go on and on, I will probably come to a conclusion that all this stem from signing the contract to Singapore, a yes to six years away from home. Or from the fact that I was born to this family, this oddly-dysfunctional one heh. But it's the truth no? Your surroundings, your background, your upbringing - everything factors into your life.

As I look back at the decisions I've made to make me who I am today, I am grateful. For I am responsible for the road I've chose to take, for every left or right turn in the process, for every yes in the expense of no, to bring me to the destination I want to reach. Maybe that's why I'm sitting here typing this at 3.30am haha. Okay back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment