Thursday, September 26, 2013

47 PAUL x True Love

Post Prelims is good :) No more stress (for the moment) and maybe getting to chillax just a bit before I continue my coffeeaddict-studyeveryday cycle. Since I'm a bit sick so I decided to forgo my KFC (still on a quest to find the BEST fried chicken, any recos? BTW KFC student meal runs daily regardless of weekdays/weekends and 2 piece chicken + mash potato + a drink for $5 is a steal ^^) 


Anyways, ever since my super nice senior/gor KELVIN FAN (okay honorary mention aren't you honoured) bought this for me earlier this year I have been in love! I'm not a very fruit tart person - not a fan of custard (I think that's the base beneath all the fruits) but this is DELISH. The fruits for one, were really fresh, and really sweet - not because of the glaze, but rather the good picking of fruits.  


The crust, was not too thick, but very firm. I think it's really hard to eat this because the fruits are so nicely arranged on top and that with every bite you will actually affect the "equilibrium" of the tart and fruits might topple to one side hahaha. I gave up using a fork so I used my hands - and with every bite it  gives me enough crust + custard + fruit ratio so I am happy (or rather my biting skills are superb maybe?) The crust isn't too buttery or flaky - some might find it too dry but hey that's what a tart base is supposed to do rightt?

Here are some photos of PAULs: 
(Some photos taken by me, others are creditted below - meh my phone was at 7% battery level so ):)

Exterior/ Koped from thisisnadines.bs.com
Yeap they sell bread too. But after reading the comments section on ladyironchef, I would suggest you not to buy the bread because readers say it is stale and pricey? Maybe that explains why there were so much bread when I went there (around 9pm on a Wednesday night)


WHOOHOO FRUIT TARTS *~*
Koped from Desigrub / PAUL's famous raspberry tart
If you would like to read some more "professional" reviews, head on to danielfooddiary or ladyironchef. There seems to be not many reviews about it but generally: get the take out and enjoy it at home, apparently service sucks, it isn't just bad but it's really really bad ._.

If you would like to try PAUL, it is located at:

391 Orchard Road
#03-16/17 Ngee Ann City (next to Kinokuniya) 
Open mostly from 8.30/9am to 11pm! 

163 Tanglin Road 
#01-16/17 Tanglin Mall 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Been crazy in love with the catchy tune of this song PLUS the lyrics that are just so true!! It's like.. love is a  love hate thing no? You just accept the flaws of the other person hehe. (Maybe I've been affected by all the boyfriend-criteria posts online recently >_>)

And I guess this is what I think love is.. like the song, very comfy and soothing and it's omnipresent! HAHA Okay little girl's rubbish fantasty, but really 温温的感觉很美好 ^~^ How he makes you feel loved all the time - not the obsessive type that you gotta spend a lot a lot of time but that you both trust each other enough and you're comfortable around each other's presence :)

OKAY HAHA OFF TO DO WORK AFTER MUCH RUBBISH RAMBLINGS. CAN'T WAIT FOR FRIDAY.. Then after that the mug life again ;_;

No comments:

Post a Comment